Saturday, April 7, 2012

Catching Up

My apologies for the latest lull - I went to San Antonio for a conference (shout-out to Dave & Hailey for the hospitality, great hanging out), and then off to Houston to see my parents.

Anyhow, for the last week, I've been trying to catch up from being gone for six days. So some updates:

*Glucose! The Friday before I left for San Antonio, we went for Kami's glucose test, to see if she is running the risk of being gestationally diabetic. It was the one-hour test, and she got the results while I was gone. What was Kami's test? 141. What's the cut-off so that you have to take the three-hour test? 140. So Kami had to take the three-hour test eight days ago. We're guessing that, since we haven't heard anything, everything's fine.

*Ms. Thang kicks like Pele, especially when I play her music. See, we're about 100 days (give or take) away from the Due Date - and that's provided she makes her due date. So we have started using my phone to play her our 100 favorite songs. So far (in no particular order):

-Trip Through Your Wires, U2. Result? She liked it just fine, but nothing crazy. Which breaks my heart just a little bit.
-Mirrorball, Elbow. Result? Absolutely nuts. Ms. Thang loves Elbow, which makes my heart sing. I sat my phone on Kami's belly, and that phone popped like popcorn - it was great.
-Haven't figured out tonight's selection just yet, but it'll be a good one.

*My appetite has totally changed. Usually, I'm down for french fries pretty much whenever. You can wake me up in the middle of the night and ask if I want to go to McDonald's. I would be pissed at you, but yeah, I would go. However, lately, I'm not interested in french fries whatsoever. What does it mean? Probably nothing, but it's weird, nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment