Thursday, March 8, 2012

The wracking of the nerves

We have our first nerve-wracking episode of the pregnancy (aside from the initial general nervousness of making it out of the first trimester): Kami's sick. And not just a little bit - she's running a little bit of a fever, has A LOT of chest congestion (if there was an all-cappier way to type that she has a lot of chest congestion, I would have done it - for it cannot be understated at this point), and an awful sore throat.

I hate it when Kami is sick. I would much rather be sick than Kami, because I'm selfish like that. When Kami gets sick, I turn in to this:
















And I generally drive her more crazy. She's on Mucinex (the kind that Preggos can take), Tylenol for the fever, but there's just nothing she can do to get to sleep. Which agitates her so her heart rate goes up, which means she has a hard time getting to sleep.

Anyhow, of course I'm nervous, because I read everything that talks about how serious it is to have a fever and be sick, and the possibility of hospitalization, etc. Ultimately, as soon as the doctor's office opens, she's there.

Now, if you'll excuse me I need to go stand over her next to the bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment