Thursday, May 3, 2012

Such sweet sorrow

So Kami is off for the weekend, flying to Texas to hang out with her parents (best in-laws ever). And I'm sad. Seriously, almost started crying before I left for work. And now I'm officially bacheloring it for three days. Except it's the kind of bachelor that has to work all day, and then comes home and plays with his dogs before falling asleep at 8:30. So I'm like a 90-year old bachelor.

Whilst she traverses Texas, I'm working all day today, and going to Atlanta after work tomorrow to hang out with my cousin and watch his son play Little League baseball. I'm wicked psyched. Because, once Kami gets back on Monday, we're tethered to within an hour of Baptist Hospital in Nashville for the next nine weeks. And you know what happens in nine weeks? The All-Star Game Baby Time!

Is it bad that I check our registries on Target and Babies R Us just about every day to see if anybody has purchased thing (even though the notices of the baby shower haven't gone out yet)? I guess I don't need to panic. Because every time I look on there and see "No Items Selected" I immediately internally scream "OHNOWE'REGOINGTOHAVETOBUYEVERYTHING!!" I have to stop this.

Also, Angus - the Scottie - hurt his leg on Monday. I spent the following 24 hours fretting and watching his leg. He's better now, and I'm chalking it up to my Healing Gaze. I have some emotional work to do before Emsley Bryn comes along.

No comments:

Post a Comment