Monday, July 16, 2012

Off to the pediatrician!

So...today was Pediatrician check-up day - which means that Kami (and Emsley) were able to get out of the house for the first time since they were sent home from the hospital.

This is a big thing for Kami because she's a beach/ocean/summer girl. I love the summer, I hate being cold, but my temperament is more suited to staying indoors, drinking coffee, and reading. I hated the physical cold of living in New York, but there was something pleasant about a blizzard that kept me inside (since it gave me an excuse not to be outside doing things, like working out). Another winter of that and I'm reasonably to moderately sure Kami would have murdered me.

Here's a cartoon representation of Kami:







And here's me:

Yep. Kami is a human Care-Bear Stare. Yet for the last couple of weeks it has been so hot that I think I saw Dante walking around in capri pants and a tank top (I guess on this level of hell, Dante is a little effeminate). Then we go into the hospital, which didn't have much sunlight in the delivery room. And then it rained for five days (which was great, but didn't provide much in the way of sunlight). So there hasn't been much Vitamin D around our place.

With the trip to the pediatrician on tap, Kami was quite excited to get out - even if it was to a doctor's office. Something I'm going to have to be better about is getting Kami (and Emsley) out of the house, and getting some sunshine. Whether that's pulling out the Baby Bjorn for Kami to use, since we've already addressed the fact that the Baby Bjorn on me makes me look like Baby Boudin, and taking Gunther and Angus out for a walk, then that's what it will be.

(Gunther, by the by, is not used to being on the lower half of the totem pole. Gunther, who is Kami's spirit animal, is having a hard time figuring out why he can't sleep on the bed. Angus, who is my spirit animal, my dark passenger, is loving not being anywhere near the fringe of attention.)

Ah yes. Emsley was born at 9lbs 7ozs. Today she was 7lbs 15ozs, so she's lost some weight, but because she was born so big - and because Kami had received so many fluids, the pediatrician isn't all that concerned. We do have to go back on Thursday for another weigh-in. A successful weigh-in, and she'll fight Manny Pacquiao on September 4.

Oh, and Emsley is perfect. Sorry I'm not sorry.

1 comment:

  1. Your company website is very pleasant and all the facilities provided are economical. Within the limited time period the company has reached the heights of success.

    I want to thank the Krishna Engineering teams for the working relationship that we have built within our companies and look forward to a long rewarding future

    ReplyDelete