Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Well, today's the day, isn't it?

Today could not have come any slower, even if it tried. As fast as the first 15 weeks flew by, when at our last appointment they said we would find out the sex of the baby on February 22nd, I thought, "Oh, well that's not far off at all."

But that was a lie. Because February 22nd came as slowly as Opening Day, Arbor Day, and Christmas...combined.

Now we're off. Well, I'm awake, but Kami most definitely isn't. I need to wake her up in about 15 minutes, but I could barely sleep. I'll tell you prospective (and impending) fathers what's up: The Kindle app is invaluable. Because Kami - for whatever reason - sleeps better when I'm next to her. So when she went to bed last night, and I was wide awake and was thinking about playing Call of Duty (because nothing calms the nerves like shooting Russians), it wasn't necessarily going to fly. What I did do was to lay in bed, turn on my side, and read the Turn of the Screw on the dimmest light it allowed. I could still see, but it's not bright enough to keep Kami awake. Of course, Turn of the Screw is really freaking creepy, so that didn't exactly help matters.

Yet I digress. It's 5:50am, I've been awake for an hour with the Bubbleguts because I'm so excited/nervous.

What type of genitalia do I want the baby to have? I don't know. Both genders have their pluses and minuses, if you want to calculate it that coldly. I love the idea of having a little girl, but I could very easily just get totally wrapped around her finger. I like the idea of a boy from the long-standing stereotype that only boys like to play and watch baseball, and for carrying on the Yasko name. A healthy wife who has a baby with ten fingers, ten toes, at least one of the boy/girl persuasion, and I'll be totally happy.

But today...I just can't wait. 2h20m. More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment