Tuesday, January 17, 2012

An Annotated Guide to a 14-week Old Baby


Momma still lookin' good.

What's new this week, BabyCenter?

Your baby can now squint, frown, grimace, pee, and possibly suck his thumb! Thanks to brain impulses, his facial muscles are getting a workout as his tiny features form one expression after another.

I'm guessing that Scrimp's facial impressions involve going from Magnum to Le Tigre to Blue Steel to Ferrari. Let's get an Ultrasound, stat, and check this out. By the by, next time we go see The Good Doctor (a week from tomorrow), that should be happening.

The biggest news is that we're now out of the first trimester. According to some random Geocities webpage I saw, the risk of miscarriage after the first trimester is about 3%. As a baseball fan, I'll take the odds of pitching to an .030 hitter. So it's all very exciting.

Scrimp is about "the size of a lemon" so, good on you BabyCenter for coming up with easily identifiable size comparisons. You've come so far since saying that a baby is approximately the size of an otter's bicuspid. Also, I'm pleased to report that the baby's head is now somewhat proportional. A story:

When we first got Angus, our Scottie, he was about eight weeks old. And his head is exactly the same size - at seven years old - as it was at eight weeks. He'd drag his big old donkey noggin around the place, and when he got snipped, he had to wear the Elizabethan collar to keep him from itchin' the stitchin'. He actually looked like he jumped through the Victrola in the RCA logo. Ultimately, he grew into it. But not after our vet said that he was either retarded (not kidding), or just young. The way he hides rawhide bones from Gunther - I'm going with young.

I love that dog like my son, but if Scrimp comes out looking like Angus...well, there's a lot of things to unpack in those few words, but let's just hope it doesn't happen.

Mommy Question Time!

(This section has been edited. I was going to make fun of a lady who seemingly had a hard time with simple math. But Kami explained it's not that simple, and implied that I would be a jerkface if I included it.)

what'd you eat today??

Not kidding. This is an actual question. And all of the responses are other people talking about what they ate.

Breakfast: scrambled eggs, 1.5 pieces of bacon, fried potatoes
Lunch: salad with ranch and a BBQ brisket baked potato that made me very nauseated
Snack: 2 string cheese
Dinner: eating at my fav pizza place, steak and Gorgonzola pizza that is to die for
Drink: sprite, lotsa water, tea half/half :)
Maybe a snack later of jello or a fudge bar haha whichever calls me first ;)


Bullcrap. No one eats half a piece of bacon. I'll eat a package and a half of bacon before I eat a slice and a half. And, oh how you close with a wink. Sultry minx.

breakfast: an orange and water
lunch: a green apple, milk, garlic bread with strawberry cream cheese and then ice cream- LOL (embarrassing)
haven't had din din yet, still at work ;)


This is preposterous. Also, no one eats garlic bread with strawberry cream cheese. Typical preggo, eating things that don't go together. Also, save your LOL Embarrassing talk about ice cream - you have had perhaps 250 calories to that point - do you care about your baby, but at all? Also, get back to work. Stop your winking.

So far...
Breakfast 1: bagel and cream cheese and a banana
Breakfast attempt 2: French bread with olive oil and balsamic vinegar
Snack: honey nut Cheerios
Lunch: Homemade pulled pork on a hoagie roll
Snack 2: small can of mixed veggies.
Drink: coffee, water, and limeade, need to get more water and milk in before bed. Haven't had dinner yet, waiting on DH to get home from work.


One would assume that Breakfast 1 came up, so Breakfast Attempt 2 was actually an effort to eat something that would stay down. And she went with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Unbelievable.

So I asked Kami what she ate today:
Breakfast: Egg whites with green peppers, tomatoes, and Spinach.
Snack: Greek yogurt w/handful of granola
Lunch: Fruit Cup w/overwhelming peach:fruit ratio
Snack: Handful of Froot Loops
Dinner: Three-cheese tortellini with homemade pesto, broccoli, peas, and green beans.

I'll take her menu over Strawberry Cream Cheese Garlic Bread Vomit Lady.

By the by, I started working out yesterday, running and then lifting weights. And today I could barely wash my hair, I was so sore. So I ate some Honey Nut Cheerios for breakfast. And still had milk left, so I had some more Honey Nut Cheerios. And ran out of milk with the Honey Nut Cheerios still in the bowl. So I added more milk. And still had milk left when I ran out of Honey Nut Cheerios. It wasn't until they got to the Top 10 Plays on SportsCenter before I realized that I had eaten half a box of Cheerios. I'm a child.

No comments:

Post a Comment