Thursday, January 5, 2012

Things that will happen after we have a baby

Right now things are a little abstract. We know we're having a baby. I keep writing about it, so I know that it's going to happen. But Kami's not showing yet, and while we've seen the little scrimp, and heard its' heartbeat, it's still a little...not real. But then I got thinking about the middle of July. And dude, that's not far away. Here are the things that will happen after this baby comes:

-The Major League Baseball trading deadline.
-Oklahoma football's next game.
-Labor Day.
-No one watches a WNBA game.

This time next year, the good Lord willin', we'll have a five-and-a-half month old. And right now, that scares me half to death.

Part of my self-imposed responsibilities include shocking Kami with something I say each and every day. So the other day we were looking around at our place and Kami said, "We need to make some changes here." And I said, "Yep. What we need is some of that orange mesh fencing like they have on ski slopes."

For that day, responsibilities were fulfilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment