Wednesday, January 18, 2012

On sleeping. Well, me sleeping.

Quick update: The nausea has passed, save for the odd meal (and by "odd" I mean "twice a week"), and was immediately replaced with heartburn. Heartburn to the point that a piece of Orbit gum gave her a clean mouth, but a roiling gut.

But the big inconvenience for Kami is the frequent urination. She pees constantly. Constantly. Constantly. She's gone to the bathroom twice since I started this post.

Even in the middle of the night. Now, I will be 32 years old in a few weeks, and I'm starting to feel it: Creaky knees, thanks to an arthritic condition of which I'm getting a sweet little preview now; greying hair (though I'm sort of excited about it - I've always wanted to be a Silver-haired Fox); yelling at the News. But I don't really have to get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. Kami does this four times a night.

Sometimes she does it just to get up and move around, since our mattress is getting long in the tooth, and she sleeps on her left side, she gets stove up. If any of you have a hook-up with a Sleep Number, or any good mattress, drop me a ring-a-ding. We'd buy a new one. But the Good Doctor is bleeding us dry before this baby even comes. I find it strange to pay for the baby in advance. I'd be much more comfortable giving him wads of $20s in a shoebox on the roof of the library than how we've been paying him.

ANYway, I have a tendency to snore. So does Gunther. Occasionally, Angus joins in the Snorus - as we've taken to calling it. This wakes Kami up, she thinks, "I might as well pee," and gets up. I have no idea she's doing this. I just wake up next to two dogs on their backs between Kami and myself.

2 comments:

  1. I love your posts! Glad you're documenting all of this so I can keep up with you guys! Miss you both bunches, tell Kami if your snoring keeps her up, try earplugs. Thats what I have to do to get some sleep with Chris snoring. I get them from work, so if she wants some let me know I'll hook her up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As she gets a little further along, investing in a good body pillow will make it incredibly more comfortable for her. I have a strangely shaped preggo pillow made by boppy, and it'll help support her belly when she lays on her side. Anne-Marie is almost a year old, and I -still- sleep with my pillow.

    ReplyDelete