Monday, January 2, 2012

The Last Ten Days

For the last ten days, Kami and I have been off work, and have driven a total of 52 miles. There was talk about driving to Texas to see family, but man, that's far. And 17 hours in a car with a preggo is like 119 hours in Preg Time - and this doesn't even begin to mention the cost of driving 17 hours in a six-year old SUV. Also, we heard the heartbeat, so that was great, and were able to do so before the end of the year which, for deductible/HRA card purposes, was huge.

So what have we done? Nothing. We came to the realization that 10 days with nothing to do, nowhere to be, no diapers to change, probably wouldn't happen again until 2031. Here is a loose recap of our days:

7:00am - I wake up, make coffee, drink coffee, repeat steps two and three. Repeat steps two and three again. When not on vacation, I typically wake up around 5am, because as much as I don't like to admit it - I'm sort of high-maintenance. I can't just pop out of bed and be ready to go. Kami can do this, and it is a source of envy. I need at least one viewing of SportsCenter in order to know my left and right. So to wake up around 7am is sleeping in by a couple of hours. Watch soccer game.
7:01am - Angus comes into the living room, stretches. Jumps on the chair. I look at him. He rubs his donkey noggin on my leg.
8:30am - Gunther stumbles in the living room. Falls asleep on his back.
8:45am - I take Gunther and Angus for a walk.
9:00am - Kami wakes up. This is phenomenal, because I want her sleeping/cooking a baby for as long as possible.
9:05am - Gunther jumps up on the couch with Kami. Gunther and Kami look at each other for 10-15 minutes. The emotional bond they share is incredible.
9:30am - Breakfast.
10:00am - Netflix.
12:00pm - Nap time
1:00pm - Angus licks my foot, I wake up. Drink coffee.
3:00pm - Kami wakes up from nap. When I hear the bedroom door open, I scramble to pretend that I haven't been playing video games for three hours in the middle of the day.
3:01pm - Give Kami remote, out of shame.
5:00pm - Netflix.
6:00pm - Dinner. This could be something Kami makes, or we talk about where to go for three and a half hours. More Netflix.
9:30pm - Jared gets home, we pretend like we haven't been sitting around all day.
10:30pm - Get ready for bed. I say I'm not tired. I read.
10:40pm - Hit slumbering face with book.
10:41pm - Turn out light.

That's pretty much been the last ten days, and it has been wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment